Have you ever found communicating on the phone a difficult task?
I have tried to collect some of the most frequently used English phrases, words we can use in telephone conversations:
- Hello, how are you?
- good morning/good afternoon /good evening
- Hello this …(your name)
- Can I please speak to ….
- I would like to speak to…
- Can I leave a message, please?
- Do you know when he/she will be available?
- I will call back later.
- Can I leave my telephone number? My phone number is…
- What is her/his mobile phone number?
- The number is busy.
- Sorry, I can’t hear you.
- Please speak slowly.
- The line was disconnected.