If you meet someone who you haven’t seen before, you have to know how to introduce yourself. These sentences might help you in doing so:
- Hello, my name is …
- Good morning/afternoon/evening, I am…
- Nice to meet you, I’m …
- Let me introduce myself, I’m …
Maybe you will have to introduce others:
- John, please meet Michael.
- This is my friend, Tom. Tom, this is my colleague, Tim.
- Have you met Nicolas?
- I’d like you to meet my parents, Maria and James.
- I’d like to introduce you to my sister, Karen.
You can use this responses to answer:
- Nice to meet you.
- How do you do?
- It’s a pleasure meeting you.