1. Johnny’s mother had three children. The first child was named April. The second child was named May. What was the third child’s name?
2. Before Mt. Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
3. Billie was born on December 28th, yet her birthday always falls in the summer. How is this possible?
4. Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg is white” or “The yolk of the egg are white?”
5. A farmer has five haystacks in one field and four haystacks in another. How many haystacks would he have if he combined them all in one field?
6. A farmer had nine sheep, and all but seven died. How many did he have left?
7. A woman gave birth to two sons who were born on the same hour of the same day of the same year but were not twins. How is this possible?
8. A man lives in a house with four walls. Each wall has a window. Each window has a southern exposure. A bear walks by. What color is the bear?
9. A black man dressed all in black, wearing a black mask, stands at a crossroads in a totally black-painted town. All of the streetlights in town are broken. There is no moon. A black-painted car without headlights drives straight toward him, but turns in time and doesn’t hit him. How did the driver know to swerve?
10. Jack gave John the following challenge: “If you sit down in that chair, I bet I can make you get out of it before I run around the chair three times,” he said.
“Aw, that’s not fair,” John said. “You’ll just prick me with a pin or something.”
“Nope,” Jack said. “I won’t touch you, either directly or with any object. If you get out of the chair, it’ll be by your own choice.”
John thought, accepted the challenge, and lo and behold, Jack won the bet. How did he do it?
2. Mt. Everest. It just wasn’t discovered yet.
3. Billie lives in the southern hemisphere.
4. Egg yolks are yellow…
5. If he combines all his haystacks, they all become one big stack.
7. They were two of triplets.
8. The only place each window could have a southern exposure is on the north pole. So the bear must have been a polar bear. The answer, therefore, is white.
9. It’s daytime…
10. John sat down in the chair. Jack ran around it twice, then said, “I’ll be back in a week to run the third time around!”